Thursday, September 1, 2011

I'm Melting, I'm Melting


Here in Iowa, we have a thing called weather. I’ve heard they have it everywhere, but I’m not positive. Well, yesterday it decided to rain. This seemed to make the local farmers and yellow ducklings quite happy. High schoolers, on the other hand, not so thrilled.

Rain is wet. Meaning, those standing outside in the rain were wet. I didn’t think this would be a hard concept; however, for some reason, it was. As the students walked into the building, drenched in rain, all I could think was, “get an umbrella.” If you see that there are clouds in the sky, prepare for rain. Better yet, listed to the weather before leaving the house. Or, how about all these smart phones with weather apps? Hello, let’s figure this one out!

I understand that rain can be a giant pain in the rear, but it is not the end of the world. Although, it may be the end of a good hair day.

I shouldn’t have been surprised when I heard teenagers over dramatizing a simple element like rain. “I’m melting, I’m melting!” Oh please. 

No comments:

Post a Comment