Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Need... Sugar... Now...


I would like to think we’ve all been there; however, I’m not so sure. Cravings come and go, but sugar cravings just stay. The taste of those little crystals dissolving on my tongue is pure heaven. I realize that sugar comes in all forms, and I appreciate that. I love sugar in Twizzlers, Coco Puffs, my aunt’s monster bars… you name it; I love it.

I recently witnessed a student scrapping out the bottom of his Sour Patch Kids wrapper with his index finger. I mean, he might as well have just stuck his tongue in there or dumped the sugar on his head. He just had to get that last lick.


The amount of sugar teenagers consume absolutely blows my mind. There was another student that remarked about having a Scratch cupcake (most amazing baked good in the world) during fourth period. Only seconds later did he pull out a Butterfinger to start chomping on. He may be a skinny fart now, but I know his metabolism will catch up sooner or later.

Trust me, I love that sugar. I just hope that I never look like those kids with glossy eyes saying, “need… sugar… now…”

No comments:

Post a Comment