Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Peas Please


I’m a pretty big fan of canned veggies. Creamed corn, cooked carrots, sliced green beans, cut green beans. They all taste good in my belly. Now if I can only get the electric can opener figured out.

Growing up, my grandma Earleen was the best at remembering all of her grandchildren’s favorite foods. She was always stocked up on Honey Nut Cheerios, Fasco Root Beer, and strawberry shortcake. Every morning we would wake up and mix up a batch of Pilsbury blueberry muffins. I’m almost positive I ate about three muffins worth of dough along the way.

At one point in time, I must have got after the peas on my plate, because Grandma always made sure to have “little green peas for Anna.” I’m not complaining; however, why did she buy Health bars for my sister and peas for me? I would have been just fine with mint chocolate chip ice cream or puppy chow.

I still love those peas. Each time I dig my forks into them, I remember saying to my grandma with a smile, “Peas please.”

No comments:

Post a Comment