Monday, September 26, 2011

The Simplest Thoughts


My mom and I were out and about checking out small town shops. It was nice to chat and cool down with a tea and iced latte. I clearly had school on my mind, because everything I saw I envisioned in a classroom. Including this:


I mean really, what else is there to say? My mom and I laughed when the clerk told us that a 1st grade teacher had just purchased it for her classroom.

Why is it that the simplest things seem so difficult? Working hard doesn’t have to be extremely strenuous. Most of the time this means doing what is expected. In all parts of life, people barely do the minimum. Whatever happened to playing by the rules and doing what you are told?

Be nice to people. Novel idea, I know. Anyone that says this is too hard, I’d like to have a conversation with. “I’m in a bad mood.” “Someone was mean to me.” “I’m tired.” Wah, wah, waaah! These excuses don’t cut it with me. There is no reason to not be nice to others. So figure it out.

I like the simplicity of this poster. There is no gray area. Just do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment