Monday, September 12, 2011

The Child Ban


We’ve all been there. You’re taking a leisurely trip to the grocery store for butter and eggs when you hear a screaming kid in isle four. The crying and begging is usually deafened slightly by a mother threatening, “If you don’t be quiet, we are going to leave right now.” Um, duh. That’s exactly what the kid wants to do. I may not be a parent, but I’m smart enough to know that one.

I suppose it is slightly expected to hear screeching kids at the grocery store, but what about when you stop at Starbucks for a soothing latte to go along with a good book? Not a place for kids. Recently I saw this sign at a local coffee shop.

  
I’ve read of places banning children, or limiting the hours that they can be there. Am I a bad person for agreeing with these establishments? I really do have a heart, and I kinda like kids, but there really is a time and place for loud noises. I would rather there be a “helpful smile in every isle” rather than a pouting toddler. 

No comments:

Post a Comment