Friday, September 23, 2011

Dirty Mouth? Clean It Up.


I overheard a student drop an “F” bomb the other day. While it is not shocking, I began thinking about my dirty mouth. I may seem like a sweet and innocent girl, but I have picked up a bad habit of swearing. I don’t need to be the one to tell you, but teachers shouldn’t swear in the presence of their students. Which means, I have to “clean it up” the moment I walk into my classroom. No fun, huh?

As I was thinking, I realized that I have really cut out my swearing. Good for me! I have only dropped one “oh, shit” all year. Whoop, whoop!

Then I began to think about my conversations with my friends. Holy, smart-ass. Yep, that’s me. My last chat with Ashley definitely consisted of a few “choice words.” I like to add them for affect. It’s all in good fun; what can I say? Ash and I are good at swearing and laughing.

What I have come to realize is that I have a remarkable filter. I know when to shut off my four letter words and when I am allowed to turn them back on. I guess that makes me a smartie.

My advice to all of you with dirty mouths: clean them up (when necessary). 

No comments:

Post a Comment