Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Break the Chain


I’m on the treadmill the other morning, minding my own business, when I see a man with chains around his neck... like, big chains. This scenario is strange for more than one reason.

First, he’s old. I commend those that continue to workout throughout their lifetime, and I plan to do so myself. However, this dude is weird. He wears tight Under Armor and toe shoes… and he’s pushing 65.
 
Sweaty little toesies

Secondly, he’s “working it” on the elliptical with huge chains around his neck. I definitely did a double take when I notice him huffing and puffing with his eyes closed. Dang, he must have really been feeling the burn. 

So, I did a little research. Extra weight adds more resistance. Putting massive chains around your neck seems like a logical way to get more results… if you’ve lost your mind. People look ridiculous walking around the gym with chains.



I’m going to break the chain and stick with dumbbells.   

No comments:

Post a Comment