Saturday, August 13, 2011

Silence is Golden


Do you ever find yourself glaring at everyone in sight? I swear I’m not an awful person. It’s just sometimes people are too much. There is constant noise all around. The need for constant connection to everyone is absurd.

I am just as guilty as the next in seeking this noise. I have music going or the TV on because somewhere along the way I found silence to be deafening.

I’m here to tell you today that I’ve changed my mind. I, Anna Jane Nelson, love silence. I love turning my radio off in the car. I love sitting outside without distractions. I love cleaning my room without turning on Pandora. I especially love restaurants without crying babies (I’m just saying).

I like to be alone with my thoughts. Because, trust me, I have a lot of things going on in this brain. A lot.

Today, silence is golden. So leave me alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment