Wednesday, August 17, 2011

You Know Your a Teacher When...


I’ve heard so many times that we are more alike than we are different. This is good news to me as I begin at a new school district. It didn’t take long for me to realize that I certainly, without a doubt, fit in with the teacher crowd. How did I come to this conclusion??

Teacher talk. I know I’ve mentioned this many times, but it’s true. Teachers love to talk about teaching. One time I was at Panera Bread when I overheard a group of teachers say, “Okay, I have one more school thing to talk about and then we are done.” Do you think it ended there? Absolutely not. And I love it… every moment of teacher talk… every opinion about standards and benchmarks matters to me. Keep on talking teachers!

Payday. More than anyone I have met, teachers look forward to payday. Growing up with parents that both taught, I knew that payday was the 20th of each month. In other words, I knew to wait until after before asking for the latest brand name jeans. Pretty sneaky!

Soda and snacks. Teachers love soda. Diet Pepsi and Dew go down like water around a school. Pair that up with peanut M&Ms and you have a school full of smiling teachers.

Needless to say, I fit right in here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment