Friday, August 12, 2011

Time to Hit the Books

I've mentioned before that this semester will be dedicated to my student teaching. I spend eight weeks at two different school districts. I am in charge of preparing and teaching lesson plans based on the specific curriculum of the school and teacher. In other words, I'm going to be a teacher this semester. Just as Rafiki says in The Lion King, "It is time."


It's all pretty overwhelming, because I'm not really sure what direction I need to be taking. The good thing is that I am confident in myself and my cooperating teachers. I am ready to learn and develop my own style. Lots of prayer will be necessary in the upcoming months :-)

School will be on full force next week. Where did the summer go? Soon enough, I will be laying out my outfits each night and crashing before 9:00 p.m. Don't even think I will feel bad about that... I love going to bed early.

It is important for me to document any teaching ideas and feelings that I have each day throughout my student teaching experience. I plan to use my blog every once in a while to do just that. Don't get me wrong, I will not bore you to pieces will school jargon and teacher talk. I will continue to add silly stories and random thoughts that pop into this crazy little head of mine.

I'm up early... again... thinking.... too much... looks like it's time for me to hit the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment