Thursday, August 18, 2011

Easy Peasy, Lemon Squeezy


Fellow test takers!! Maybe it’s been a while, but I’m sure we all can remember some sort of test that we had to take. ACT, spelling, multiple-choice, and the list goes on.

After taking my ACTs in high school, all my parents could say was, “Anna, we know you aren’t a ‘test taker.’” Which meant, “That was a horrible score, but we still know you are a smart girl.” Honestly, I have no hurt feeling by that, because I know that my strength is not sitting down and taking a test. I am much better at speaking and writing. That’s why I loved being able to choose college courses that focused on those types of assessments.

With that being said, there have been a few tests in my day that have gone pretty smooth. I can remember coming out of a classroom thinking, “Man, that was easy!”

Which leads me to this question: Were those tests easy, or did I just know the material better?

Saying something is easy really discredits the fact that we are smart people. We are able to learn and figure things out by our experiences. This gift of easiness actually comes from lots of hard work.

Remember to enjoy the times when things are easy peasy, lemon squeezy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment