Thursday, August 4, 2011

Protect Your Noodle


I’m not a huge motorcycle, Harley, scooter, hog (whatever you tough guys call ‘em) fan. I’m not sure I will ever fully understand the rush people get as they cruise around in the leather chaps and bandannas. And to all of the Harley fans out there, orange and black just aren’t the best color combination for my skin tone.

What really floors me are those tough hoodlums that are “too cool” for helmets. Do you realize how ridiculous you look without a helmet? Let’s look at this from a logical standpoint. Traveling at the speed of 70 mph with fast-moving pavement only inches from your toes is kind of crazy. I know those toes may be protected by sweet leather boots, but that doesn’t make it right. If fact, it’s all wrong.

I don’t want to seem like the protective mother here, but how can you use your noodle if you don’t have a noodle?

While I’m on this lovely tangent, I would like to include bikers (as in bicycle riders). I know that I am not always pedaling at record-breaking speeds, but I still snap on that trusty helmet.

Next time you hit the pavement with two-wheel transportation, consider protecting your noodle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment