Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I've Got The Blues-Berries

My strange addiction as of late can be explained in one word: blueberries. I've been putting them on nearly every thing I eat. Yogurt, cottage cheese, ice cream. Pretty soon I will be placing those little guys on my turkey sandwiches (not a bad idea actually). 

Lucky for me, there are a lot of health benefits that come from blueberries. Such as...

Brain power! Blueberries help in keeping the brain as sharp as a whistle. And let's be honest, at the end of the summer this is highly important. Parents should be shoveling them into their kids' mouths. Hey, we need all the help we can get.

Anti-aging. In a culture that is age-obsessed, this is very good news. I mean I was giving anti-aging lotion at the age of sixteen. They should have just rubbed blueberries all over my face at the Clinique counter. If only they knew that blueberries are full on anti-oxidents that aid in smoothing out the skin's pigmentation. Bring on the berries!

Stuff down there. Without going into detail, blueberries help reduce urinary track infections. The fiber also improved digestion. Enough said... moving on...

Happiness. All of these health benefits (and so much more) create happy people. With a healthy body and sharp mind, it's hard to not feel great! 

So I plan to keep on chowing down on blueberries. Until I look something like this:


Violet clearly has the blues-berries. Make sure you watch your blueberry consumption.

No comments:

Post a Comment