Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Morning Mover


I’ve always been a morning person. Ever since I started running my senior year of high school, I have done my workouts right when I wake up. My body feels light, and my mind is clear. The mornings are generally quite and peaceful.

Now that I am student teaching, I have to be at school quite early. Instead of changing my running routine to the afternoons, I wake up early… and I mean before 5:00 a.m. early. You can call me crazy; I don’t care.

Yesterday morning I was running with the stars. It feels kind of crazy running in the “morning” and being able to point out The Big Dipper. While I was pondering this, I questioned when night ends and morning begins. In my mind, anything before 4:00 a.m. is night. People who wake up at 3:30 a.m. have just woken up in the middle of the night. Go back to bed… catch a few more zzz’s.

I will forever be a part of the “early to bed, early to rise” crowd. And, I am proud to say I will always be a morning mover. 

No comments:

Post a Comment