Saturday, August 20, 2011

Must Be Something In The Water


I woke up with a zit this morning. I know that I shouldn't be too alarmed, but it took me back to a dark place. Adolescence.

The first real zit that appeared on my face was in 5th grade. This gigantic whitehead landed right on the tip of my nose. In other words: impossible to cover up. I longed for a metal shield to guard myself from my peers.

The pesky red bump remained on my face over Christmas vacation. I remember my grandpa telling me not to pick my face. How embarrassing. This was also the time when I learned that you could, and were supposed to, pop zits. I will spare you all the gross details, but that baby was full of… well… grossness.

Since then I’ve learned how to control such instances. Compared to others, my acne is hardly a problem. I did try Proactive at one point. Man that stuff zapped any zit right off my face. It also stained all of my towels, leading me to wonder what exactly is in the product.

I’m not going to let this one little pimple ruin my day; however, I do wonder where it came from. Now that I am surrounded my teenagers, do you think it’s contagious? Is there something in the water around here? If so, I’m stocking up on bottles of Evian.

No comments:

Post a Comment