Monday, August 15, 2011

Switching Gears


‘Tis the season for back-to-school shopping. Nearly every other commercial is advertising slacks, backpacks, and shoes. The kids on TV seem so excited to get back in the swing of things. I have a hard time believing they are all rushing to Old Navy to buy polos with their moms. We all know they are still biking around the neighborhood and playing wiffle ball.

I have been doing a little bit of back-to-school shopping myself. However, this year it looks a little different. Instead of skinny jeans and off the shoulder tops from Urban Outfitters, it’s editor pants and button up shirts from Express. Which means: not as much fun. That’s right people, I’m a grown-up. 

The good news is that I’m not quite as excited for these shopping trips. Why is that good news? Well, I don’t spend as much time putzing around the mall, searching for unnecessary items. Ugh. I don’t even like calling them unnecessary because I love those mall trips. Or Target trips. Or anywhere trips. Grown-ups are really deprived of the great sport of random shopping.

So, here goes nothing. I’m switching gears, heading on over to the world of grown-ups. 

No comments:

Post a Comment