Thursday, May 17, 2012

All Rolled Into One

Well, day number 573 of unmotivation. Every time I think I'm going to get some inspiration, I am distracted and mildly disappointed.

I spent the past few days at home, helping my mom prepare for my sister's graduation. I also snuck in some lounging and TV time (wait, am I becoming lazy?)... As I made my way back to the metro, I stopped along the way at a new coffee shop. I thought for sure a new spot would rejuvenate my mind and creativity. Well, I'm writing this, aren't I? I am still staring at my school stuff and sipping on an iced coffee. Maybe if I got off Facebook chat, I would have a better chance at getting work done. The worst part is, I don't even know what this "work" consists of; I'm not sure where to start. My mind is running in a million directions (I'm sure you can tell by the flow of this paragraph).

I really like how this coffee shop prepares their iced coffee. It may be a little too sweet, but so am I, right? ;-) I like the atmosphere too... quiet and clean. However, the location is not very close to my house... ugh. The one closest to me (that my mom loooves) leaves me smelling like a big coffee bean for the rest of the day. If I wanted my hair to smell like the establishment, then I would buy expresso shampoo.

My favorite coffee shop is on the main street of my favorite college town. I loved how they remembered me, and had my iced coffee prepared for me as I stood in line. It was such an interesting place that always made me smile. Their only downfall was not having wireless internet (unheard of, I know). If I ever wanted to get real work done, I had to venture to Panera Bread.

I'm starting to sound like a coffee shop-aholic. The other one I attend quite frequently when I go home has awesome music. While it is subtly played in the background, it leaves my foot tapping and my mind bouncing. My biggest beef with them? They don't understand my coffee order. I just gave up on them... I get hot tea when I go there, which is fine.

If only... In a perfect world... I could just get all of these wonderful places rolled into one.

No comments:

Post a Comment