Friday, May 11, 2012

Be Kind

The epidemic of lives lost to bullying is startling. I am an avid watcher of "The Ellen Degeneres Show," and she has taken a stand against teasing, physical and emotional violence among teens and even adults. I've noticed that in recent shows, she leaves the show by simply stating, "Be kind people." Is it that simple? And if it is, why are we not practicing kindness?

While I have not seen the movie "Bully" yet, I am pleased by the amount of attention it is bringing to the growing problem that seems to be making it's way around the world. I was able to teach Please Stop Laughing at Me, a memoir by Jodee Blanco. She takes her readers down a disheartening path of all types of violence that started as a child and led into her adult years. Remarkably, by sharing her story, she is able to bring awareness to people of all ages.


And remember..... :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment