Friday, May 25, 2012

Too Young To Know


I would like to preface today’s posting by saying, I realize that I am not old.

So here we go. I wish that people would just recognize the era they were born in and stay there. Like, I was born in 1985; therefore, I don’t claim that I know much about the 80’s. After all, I was only five when we entered the 90’s. I don’t act like I was puffing up my hair and carrying around a Polaroid camera. Don’t get me wrong, I was all about Slinkys and leggings paired with scrunchies to match. But the 90’s and there after are truly ‘my decades.’




I’m not sure why it bothers me so much when teenagers start talking about listening to Boyz II Men and watching All That on Nickelodeon. Seriously, you guys were only, like two-years-old. How can you possible remember singing “On Bended Knee” on a cassette tape? Oh, that’s right, you can’t.

Wow. I’m kind of fired up. Probably because I loved the 90’s. Can we please go back to when Saved By the Bell was the only show that mattered and grunge clothes were made popular by Kurt Cobain? Man, where did my overalls and Doc Martins ever end up? That was sure the life, wasn’t it?

Today’s teenagers, I have a question for you: Do you know all the words to “Ice-Ice Baby” and “This is How We Do It?” I didn’t think so. You are simply too young to know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment