Thursday, May 3, 2012

Late Night Laughs

This summer I have taken a nanny position for an energetic, love-filled family. I decided that after years of serving and bartending, I was ready for steady hours and a change of pace. I am really looking forward to getting to know the four kids and two dogs very well. I’m sure our summer will be filled with activities, sunburns, and lots of laughter.

While I am excited about this change of pace, I am a little bit apprehensive about being out of my comfort zone. A teacher and a nanny have a lot in common; however, it will much different than anything I’ve done before.

I got to thinking about my previous summers filled with laying out at the pool by day and serving by night. I will forever cherish those days. It was always so fun hanging out with my friends, sharing stories about stupid customers and the latest gossip. I guess we all have to grow up sometime.

One thing I always loved about being up late and serving all types of people was the point where we got loopy. There was always a point in the night were I started to get a tad sassy. Then the laughter would hit… and it wouldn’t stop. Everything is so much more humorous when it’s late and you are tired. The laughter made each night bearable, and dare I say, fun? Yes, sometimes I miss those late night laughs.


Thankful Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment