Monday, May 28, 2012

A Selfless Gig

I guess I have a lot on my mind today. Post #2, here ya go :-)

Have you ever been around someone that only talks about themselves? Of course you have; we all have. In fact, I’m guilty of being that person. Sometimes I come home thinking, “Did I seriously just talk for two hours straight?” I feel like I have a lot to say, but that doesn’t give me the right to selfishly take center stage every time I leave the house.

We all have issues to discuss, problems to solve, and stories to share. It is just as important to listen as it is to talk. No matter if the person in front of you is a shy introvert or a chatty Kathy, everyone should be given the ability to have a friend listen.

I have a tendency to become disappointed and even a bit broken hearted when the people closest to me forget the “big things” in my life. I am probably a little more sensitive than I need to be, but I feel like friends and family are there to support. I make great efforts to remember events that are happening with my loved ones. I want them to feel loved, because they are. It is a selfless gig, but one of the most important ways to show people we care. 

No comments:

Post a Comment