Friday, May 4, 2012

Passionately Curious


“A body in motion stays in motion.” I’m sure y’all have heard this time and time again. When I get up and moving in the morning, laziness doesn’t tend to set in; however, when I bum around, I feel like such a pile.

Have you ever thought about this saying in terms of your mind? It’s never okay to let your brain go sour. When we continue to exercise our minds, we are active learners, sharper, and more thoughtful.

Not only is important to keep brains moving, it’s important to allow them to move in every which direction. Left and right brains deserve to get some action!

How about curiosity? Do you allow your brain to wander – explore and dream up new ideas? When I was on my trip to Haiti, I was overly fascinated with one of the other team members. He seemed to have the most insightful thoughts. I truly couldn’t get enough of his wisdom. One day he said, “God didn’t bless me with a lot of talents. He blessed me with the curiosity to learn.” Wow.

We all have talents, but when is the last time we stretched ourselves beyond them? It made me wonder if I was living up to my full potential. Are any of us? Our greatest talents may be untouched – unthought of. Expanding our curiosity could be just the ticket to becoming something great.


 Quite the thought for a Friday, huh? Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment