Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A Few of My Favorite Things


Last night was the season finale of “Smash,” and, of course, I loved every minute of it. I didn’t really anticipate getting so into the show, but I am so very glad that I did. As the season wrapped up with an incredible number by Katharine McPhee, I realized why I love the show so much. It’s full of a few of my favorite things… such as:


Musicals. While I was never into drama in high school, I always appreciated the art behind plays and musicals. I think it is so fun to watch all types of productions. I remember being required to attend "Sweeney Todd" in college, and I absolutely loved it. The work put into drama productions is very admirable. 

Marilyn. The show is based on a Broadway play about Marilyn Monroe. There is something overly intriguing about her life and the tragedy of her death. The iconic photos of Marilyn are simply incredible. 

The one and only Marilyn...

Intertwined plot. My favorite books, movies, and shows tend to include twists that mix together characters. It keeps me entertained and on my toes. "Smash" definitely added some unexpected twists that made the plot boil up right on into the season finale.

I can't wait for next season! If y'all missed out, you should spend your summer catching up on the first season. I'm telling you, it's amazing :-)

Katharine McPhee and Megan Hilty

No comments:

Post a Comment