Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A New Challenge


I’m going to go ahead and admit that I’m bored with my half marathon training. I am in desperate need of a new challenge. I am in my final week of training. This Saturday I will be completing my first half marathon. I am proud of myself for pushing myself on my long runs. I also must say that I really enjoy long runs. There really is nothing better than the feeling after being out on the trails for over an hour.

There comes a point in any training where your body gets used to the routine. The boredom is in more than my mind. My muscles are tired of pounding the pavement. I have done an average job of adding intervals and weight training, but I often feel like I don’t have enough knowledge to do it effectively. I have come up with a temporary program that has lasted me the past few weeks. I just know that I ready to be pushed on a new level.

I have been researching various training programs in the area. Many of them include weight and resistance training – just what I need. I have participated in kickboxing, cycling, pilates, and weight training classes before. I love how they push and guide you to achieve more than you would individually. I really loved the kickboxing class I took. The instructor incorporated stretching and abs along with plyometrics and hard-core punching. She was very knowledgeable and committed to helping out her students.

Kosama is a program that incorporates much of the same things. I have seen them around, so I decided to look into the program. Just yesterday I stopped by to learn more about enrollment. I was informed that the next start date isn’t for another four weeks; however, the guy said that with my experience I would be able to start Monday! I am so excited! Hopefully I don’t pass out on Saturday because come next week I will be starting a new fitness journey! Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment