Thursday, May 10, 2012

Maybe Next Time, Zac

Last night turned out to be completely unexpected. I met up with a friend for dinner and a movie; however, the movie didn't quite happen. While we both really do want to see "The Lucky One" at some point, we realized that staring at Zac Efron's washboard abs could wait. We had chatting and gossiping to do... and we were thirsty ;-)

After dinner, we moved on to another establishment, where every minute seemed to be entertaining. Within 10 minutes of sitting down, a man (well into his 60s) came up to drop a line, "You have the most beautiful eyes." Good one, buddy. He went on to explain that he played the guitar, and he just so happened to have it with him. Yep, you guessed it. He snagged his guitar - from who knows where - and sat down at a nearby table to serenade some other lucky ladies.

The fun didn't stop there. After the bar-back and bartender were convinced that my friend and I are obsessed with cats, we dove right into a conversation with a few pilots. I'm still not totally convinced they were really pilots or if they are our local garbage men. Of course they were from neighboring states and full of stories. One seemed to have an obsession with ketchup, while the other told me he doesn't like animals. My only question is: where do these people come from?

It's hard to believe this all happened on a Wednesday evening. All that tells me is that this weekend is going to be amazing ;-) So Zac, maybe next time I'll catch your flick.


No comments:

Post a Comment