Monday, May 28, 2012

Out of the Ordinary


Last night around 6:00, I was ready to go to bed. I contemplated what time would be acceptable for me to move my butt from the couch to the queen size. I was one tired lady after all of the events of the weekend.

As I watched – more like, just stared at – a special on HLN, I started reflecting on the past few days. It was an eventful and strange weekend all rolled into one. I realized that I was emotionally and physically drained. No wonder my eyelids were so heavy.

It all began Friday evening when I was on my way to meet up with some old and new friends – a very random group, which I love. It was raining on and off for most of the day, and as I made my way west on the interstate, my brakes went a little funky. I told myself they were just wet from the rain and preceded to my weekend socializing. Out of sight, out of mind. In the meantime, I learned from my parents that my Molly girl (the best Carin Terrier in the world) had passed away. It was a lot to let soak in, and a red BRAKE light popping up on my dash didn’t help one bit.

Saturday began with a long run to clear my mind. I was feeling quite somber and… just plain sad. As I ran, I noticed millions of dogs out and about. I was really missing Molly.

I drove my car to the store for some milk and realized that it was not drive-able. Ugh. I made my way to the auto parts store to find out that I need a brake line (whatever that is). I spent the afternoon waiting for my car. Doot, doot, doot.

Saturday night was also filled with old and new friends. I had some girlfriends in town from my old work, and we ventured to places that I rarely visit. It was quite the night, and it left me feeling very tired and sluggish on Sunday.

To top off all of the ‘out of the ordinary’ events, I went to church Sunday morning to find an old neighbor in the pew behind me. We were able to catch up, and I had a friend to sit by during the service. A very unexpected – and good – surprise!

Wowza! Now I’m gearing up for another week. I hope to get caught up on sleep, especially since I have my half marathon next Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment