Saturday, May 19, 2012

The Graduate


Yes, my friends, the day has come. My little sister is graduating from high school! I cannot begin to express how proud I am of her. She has grown up so quickly and doesn’t let any of us forget that. Next fall, she will be embarking on a new adventure. I am a little nervous about her being on her own, but mostly very excited. Even though she scares me a little bit when it comes to directions, I know she will find her way.

Sarah is a little fireball. Her emotions are grand. If she’s hurt, she’s actually dying. If she’s happy, she’s euphoric. Some may call this dramatic; we just call it Sarah. The key is finding her in that perfect mood when she’s willing to share her thoughts, feelings, concerns, and smiles. Finding this is really an art, and I’m so close to perfecting it.




My hopes for her next year? Of course, more than anything, I want her to find happiness. I want her to smile and laugh openly and freely. I know how contagious her smile is, and I hope that she spreads it across campus.

I want Sarah to be who she wants to be. We all struggle to ‘find ourselves.’ We ask advice and watch others flourish and struggle, all in hopes of trying to figure it out for ourselves. The fact is, at the end of the day, we are individuals. We live with the decisions we make. I want Sarah to make her own decisions, and be happy living them out each day.



Always remember to have fun! Honestly, we live each day as it comes. We take the next right step. While we may not know for sure what that step is, I can assure you that having fun is always in the mix. Enjoy each day – rain or shine, happy or sad. Learn from mistakes. Grow. Make friends. Never forget how much fun life really is.

Sarah Bear, you have been the most amazing friend and sister to me. I am so excited to watch you grow into an even more beautiful young woman. I love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment