Monday, May 14, 2012

Mom's Day


Well as you all know, yesterday was Mother’s Day. While I was unable to spend the day with my mom, she was on my mind and in my heart all day. Of course, we chatted on the phone a few times throughout the day.

Holidays and special occasions raise a lot of mixed emotions and even unsettling feelings. With the upcoming high school graduation of my sister and the absence of both of my grandmothers, yesterday was full of ups and downs for my family members. All in all, we have a lot to be thankful for.

My mom is a very special lady. She is strong, caring, helpful, and always willing to listen. There are times I find myself saying a phrase or making an action that is nearly identical to my mom. While this used to bother me, I realize now that I am lucky to be like my mom.




I am looking forward to seeing my mom this week, so we can share a giant hug, a few laughs, and many smiles. I love you, Mom.  

No comments:

Post a Comment