Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Routine Ready

My seasons are all mixed up. After graduating in December, I moved right into summer. However, I didn't get the sunshine and carefree feel of the short summer months. I was granted a highly flexible schedule that recently has been driving me crazy.

Today marks the end of my 'summer' and the beginning of a brand new routine. While I may regret saying this already next week, but I really can't wait to start. I will be on a 'normal' schedule that resembles the rest of the working world as I begin a nannying job for the summer.

I am excited about this for many reasons. First of all, no nights and weekends. After serving and bartending for so many years, I cannot wait for normal hours. Knowing that I can actually make future plans is such a good feeling.

I also can't wait to get to know the kids. I am so glad that they are a little bit older. We are going to have a fun summer full of all kinds of activities. As I laid down to go to bed last night, my head was spinning with different ideas for the summer. So much to do, so little time ;-)

I'm most excited for a routine! I am going crazy here. I hate loafing around and not feeling like I have an actual purpose to my day. I have been working on school work; however, it's only May 22nd, and I am not even 100% sure about the classes I will be teaching next year. At any rate, I'm ready for a routine. In fact, I was ready last week... last month. Bring it on!


Eek!

No comments:

Post a Comment