Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A Good Run

I took full advantage of the perfect Spring weather this morning. According to my training calendar, 8 miles were on tap for the day. Lately my long runs have not been good at all. I have felt sluggish and even out of breath. It is frustrating and discouraging. I am not really following a 'normal' routine, and it leaves my running a little bit confused. The final few weeks of training, I am going to make a point to seek a little bit of that 'normal' I love so much.

With that being said, I had a wonderful run this morning. The wind was still, roads were clear, and the sun was shining. Doesn't get much better than that, huh? I kicked those 8 miles in the a$%. Yea, I said it. I felt like I was flying through the streets of my small town. Granted, I had to run around and through my town a couple of times to get all of the miles in, but I didn't mind one bit.

There really is nothing better than a good run. For those of you who are not runners, it may be hard for you to fully understand. However, for those of you that are, can I get a 'hell, yea!?'



I've got to get my butt to the dentist, but I hope y'all have a great day ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment