Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Bare Necessities


Air. Water. Shelter. Food. These are the bare necessities. Of course, Maslow added to these when he created his hierarchy of needs. But, what did he know??

I would like to propose that a few more essentials be added to this list of bare necessities. These are a few elements in my life that I cannot live without.

MacBook. Ahh… how I love this computer. She sits contently on my lap. She rarely complains; only offers me a wealth of useless information whenever my heart desires. Not to mention, she is the means to my writing. Mackenzie Macbook. She’s a beauty.


Running shoes. Nothing better than lacing up my bright blue Mizunos. They help me glide across the trails while jammin’ out to the latest songs on my iPod. My twinkle toes would not be possible without the help of my trusted footwear.


Blackberry. I’m not going to sit here and pretend that I don’t love my phone. When people say, “I don’t even really care if my phone is on.” I would like to kindly respond by saying, “Yeah… right.” I wait for that little red light to blink on my phone telling me I have a text message, email, Twitter mention… just anything! I love my phone, and I’m not afraid to say it. So, there.


This list should not be static. We can all contribute to the bare necessities of life. Air. Water. Shelter. Food. Macbook. Mizunos. Blackberry. Sounds about right, don’t cha think?

No comments:

Post a Comment