Friday, July 15, 2011

She's Got the Rhythm


I am not the most coordinated person in the world. I bump into tables, stub my toes, and clunk my head on desks. I'm just your average clumsy person waking up with scratches and bruises.

Last spring, my gym started offering Body Combat. There were a few difficult combinations and kicks that took a while for me to get used to; however, I was not alone. The fast pace, constant cardio was a challenge for nearly everyone. I was a little discouraged, because I felt so uncoordinated. Of course, with time it has gotten much better.


After observing and comparing myself to fellow classmates, I realized that some people have the rhythm… and some have the blues.

I’m not going to lie. Sometimes I still confuse my left and right (don’t act like I’m the only one). I still place my right hand over my heart just to be sure. Yet, in the end... I’ve got the rhythm.

It never fails. There is always someone in class that has a left lead while everyone else has the right. When we are all doing jumping jacks, there is usually someone with her arms up while everyone else’s are down. I don’t get it. We are all staring at a giant mirror that stretches across the entire east wall. Don’t they see that they are off?

But then I remember. Not everyone has the rhythm. And that person really has the blues.

No comments:

Post a Comment