Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Upgrade U


I’m a car girl. I grew up “car shopping” with my dad on Sundays, and rubbing down our family vehicle with turtle wax. You know the routine: “wax on, wax off.” We can all thank Karate Kid for that one.

During our visits to the car dealership, Dad and I would dream about future cars and talk about the practicality of the others. My first full-time job was working at an advertising agency that worked specifically with cars (most of you would consider this junk mail… and I’m okay with that). I started seeing SUVs and Duallys in my sleep. Most people count sheep; I was counting Chevy S-10s.

My dearest vehicle was brought to me in high school. It was a sage green Leganza Daewoo, and boy was she a beauty. She had leather seats and a sunroof. I could whip her around corners while belting out “Hey Ya” by OutKast. I was living the dream.



And every good car owner knows the importance of naming that special vehicle. Well, my Daewoo was given the name “Shabooboo.” Don’t be jealous.


It was a sad day when my dad decided that we needed a bit of an upgrade. We shuffled around vehicles and I ended up with my parents’ Chevy Malibu. Don’t get me wrong; this is a nice little car too. The heat and air conditioning are spectacular, which is especially appreciated. However, I will always have a special place in my heart for my Shabooboo.

Next upgrade? 2011 Range Rover Sport. I’m not picky on the color (pearl white??). How cute would I look in that?

No comments:

Post a Comment