Sunday, July 24, 2011

If You Give a Girl a Dance Floor


Why is it that dancing and singing make people so uncomfortable? I’ll be the first to admit that I am not an expert at either, but I am not afraid to belt it out or shake my tail feather. It’s all part of the fun, don’t cha think?

Last night I was with nearly fifteen girls as we celebrated my best friend, Katherine’s bachelorette party. For the most part the girls all knew each other, but there were a few new faces. Needless to say, it took some time to get every girl back to her comfort level.

Most of my experiences hanging around a large group of girls consist of this: talk, talk, talk… and then a little bit more talk, talk, talk… Let’s just say there is not a lot of listening, and a whole lot of chatter. I’ll never understand why women feel the need to talk over each other. However, I’m just as guilty.

Now listen closely. Here’s the trick to a successful evening with the ladies. Dance floor. That’s right. If you give a girl a dance floor, she’s going to have to dance. If you get a girl to dance, she’s going to have to sing. Dancing and singing = pure fun. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment