Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Tik Tok on the Clock


I love sunshine. I even love chirping birds. However, I don’t appreciate either at 6:37 a.m. So, if that business could hold off until 7:42 a.m. that would be lovely.

I’ve never been very good at sleeping in. In fact, I get excited if I sleep past 8 a.m. Any roommate I’ve had knows that I will have accomplished an entire to-do list before they roll out of bed. I’m not sure if this is a gift or a curse.

Gift: I’ve been blessed with an impeccable internal clock. This is not the kind of clock you buy at Target. This is a special ticker that is hidden somewhere in my brain. If I could locate it, I would set it a little bit later on Saturday mornings.

Curse: I’ve never been “fashionably late.” I don’t do too badly on the "fashionably." It’s the "late" that always gets me. I cannot be late if I try. I’m just not fierce enough. Can I buy fierceness at Target? I feel like it could come in handy sometime.


Until the day I learn how to sleep in, I will continue to be up with the birds. As they say, “early bird catches the worm.” The good news is that I have a lot of worms. 

No comments:

Post a Comment