Monday, July 25, 2011

Knock Your Socks Off


Tube socks. Wool socks. Short socks. Toe socks. I’m starting to sound like a Dr. Suess book. But in all honesty, have you ever thought about the importance of your socks? There is nothing worse than a thin pair that leaves you with blisters, or a pair too small that slides down your foot. Without this protection, the dogs are sure be barkin’.

I’m a pretty big fan of the Nike Dri-Fit socks. I’m actually a pretty big fan of any clothing that has the beautiful little swoosh on it. My brother has asked before if Nike sponsors me. While I’m currently without a sponsor, I am more than willing to change that. So if someone from Nike is reading, just think about it. I’m open.



There is one part that confuses me. These socks have an “L” and “R” to distinguish which foot I slide the sock onto. I suppose this would make sense if I was a toddler, but I’ve been dressing myself for quite some time now. And, might I add, have been doing a pretty good job at it.

Really the only reason I make sure to place these babies on the correct foot is so I don’t look silly sitting in the sauna with the old dudes at the Rec. I don’t want them to make some sly comment about not knowing my left from right.

What I really would like to know is, what happens if I switch them around? Will I start to walk lopsided? Will I run into walls? Maybe my feet will have a mind of their own and begin walking to foreign places. All I know is that I’m not about to risk it. I am keeping the “L” on the left and the “R” on the right. That’s what makes the world go round. 

No comments:

Post a Comment