Sunday, July 10, 2011

A Case of the Giggles

Lack of sleep has many side effects for this girl. My eyes feel tired, cold sores appear, and I become a bit delirious. Yesterday I worked for 10 hours. It was a slow and steady day; therefore, it was hard to get into the swing of things. In other words, bring on the delusion.

It's not like I start hallucinating or falling asleep. I simply get a case of the giggles.

As "they" say, laughter truly is the best medicine. For a few simple reasons:

1. Whole body relaxation.
2. Boost in the immune system.
3. Triggers the release of endorphins.
4. Protection of the heart. 

A couple of my favorite giggle partners :-)

Now all of these things are great, but truth be told, giggling is just stinkin' fun! Creating memories and having a good time with friends is what life is all about. Work was full of giggling yesterday. Silly instances and inside jokes filled our conversations. It really makes for a great work environment (especially when we get our jobs done along the way). I wouldn't have it any other way. 

Have you gotten your dose of the giggles today??


No comments:

Post a Comment