Friday, July 8, 2011

Grammar Rock

I understand that technology is the "wave of the future." It is ever-changing and impossible to keep up with. I know that using it in the classroom and business world is helpful and necessary. During all of these changes, words have been created and altered.

Does anyone know how to do it right?

Settle down, people. I know it's summer, and I don't plan to give you a full out grammar lesson today. However, I do have a few questions.

As social networking became more popular, new nouns entered our vocabulary. Facebook. Twitter. Myspace. Blogger. Email. Do you remember when these words did not exist? Then they slowing changed and became verbs.


How do you "facebook"? Have you been doing any "tweeting" lately? When is the last time you found yourself "texting"?

How do you explain to your grandpa what a "tweet" is? Do you find yourself speaking in Facebook lingo? For instance: "After he befriended me, I wrote on his wall." "OMG, she poked me!" Umm... what is a "wall" and how creepy is it that you were "poked"?



All in all, I love it. If it weren't for social networking, I wouldn't be able to write on this blog (and you would all be so very sad). The changes in grammar just plain rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment