Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Infamous Question


“How are you?” is a polite question asked numerous times a day. Typical answers include:

“Good, thanks.”   Interpreted: I don’t want to talk about it. Leave me alone.
“Busy.”   Interpreted: I’m important. Leave me alone please.
“Tired.”   Interpreted: I’m crabby. Leave me alone please.

Busy, tired. Busy, tired. Blah, blah. Blah, blah.

Newsflash: Everyone is busy and tired. You are not special if you are busy or tired. I’m sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Lucky for you, I have a cure for both of these annoying side effects in life.

Busyness. If you have a hard time keeping meetings and obligations straight, there are two solutions. First off, buy a planner. These are notebooks that have daily, weekly, and monthly calendars in them. They can be purchased at your local bookstore or even Target. The second solution is to hire an assistant. If you can’t afford to do so, then you probably don’t need one. If all else fails. Take something off your plate and stop complaining.

Tiredness. So many people resort to caffeine fixes when they are tired. Coffee. Soda. 5 Hour Energy. Red Bull. Well, there is one solution that always works. Are you ready for this? It’s called sleep. I know, I know. It’s a crazy thought, but it works. I find when I am feeling sleepy, it’s best just to go to bed.

Next time someone asks the infamous question, I dare you to answer, “Great, balanced, and well rested. Thank you.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment