Saturday, July 23, 2011

Not-cho Nacho


Have you ever noticed that the appetizers are merely the same at almost every sports bar? Cheese fries, wings, cheese balls, and fried vegetables (how’s that for an oxy-moron?). Among these “food staples” is the giant plate of nachos. If you ask me, this is where the debating begins. Who really does have the best nachos?

There are a few things that can really make or break good nachos.



Cheese. I am not a fan of queso. A good plate of nachos needs the real deal. I’m talking straight from a dairy farm cheese. I don’t need processed runny “cheese” to dip my chips in, thank you.

Chips. The best plate of nachos has homemade chips. I know these are generally fried, but the just taste sooo good! I can settle on just a typical Tostitos chip, but as long as I’m dreaming, homemade it is.

Veggies and Beans. Load. It. Up. I like "the works" on my nachos. I’m talking black beans, lettuce, tomatoes, black olives, green peppers, and anything else that catches my eye. All I can say about veggies is: bring 'em on.

Salsa. This is where nachos win me over. There is nothing better than a fresh pico or salsa. Yummy in my tummy. Fresh veggies chopped up and sprinkled on top of a lovely plate of nachos is just plain scrumptious.

If I order a plate of nachos with all of these critical ingredients, all I can say is it’s not-cho nacho. So paws off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment