Saturday, July 30, 2011

Itsy Bitsy Bikini


Sometimes I wonder if people look at themselves before they leave the house. I’m not saying I look fabulous all the time, but I at least cover up and fuff my hair. I heard the other day that one in three women won’t leave the house without makeup on. Apparently these women don’t live around me, because I see plenty of women looking… scary.

I realized that this is not just an “Iowa thing” after reading this article. To sum it up, a woman in Oregon was asked to leave a Wal-Mart after exposing too much skin as she strolled down the isles. Her itsy bitsy bikini was too revealing for management and customers alike. People had a lot to say based on the uproar of comments.

Obviously it is not the most flattering “outfit” this woman could have slipped on, but I’m just going to assume that she was extremely hot or looking to get her tan on.

I wouldn't feel comfortable exposing so much skin in public. I would say this woman was feeling a little too comfortable. People are getting so obsessed with comfort. I don’t think we need to be strutting around in stuffy polyester pants, but I do think we should cover up the necessary body parts. Stretchy pants and oversized t-shirts are taking over the world. This epidemic needs to end. If I see one more XXXL Looney Tunes t-shirt, I may vomit.

So please, Oregon Lady, save your itsy bitsy bikini for your kiddie pool in your backyard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment