Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I'll Be Your Honey Bee


Gullible is written on the ceiling. Did ya look?

I love reading about exercise and healthy eating. It’s not surprising that people seem to have “new research” to back up their information. It is often difficult to determine myth from fact. Should I drink diet soda? What are the advantages of eating organic groceries? And what the heck is trans-fat?

The information overload causes great confusion for everyone.

White. Wheat. Multigrain. Honey Wheat. Bread, bread, bread… Which should we be spreading our peanut butter on?

I ask customers at work if they would like their pizza on white or honey wheat dough. Over half the time they say, “Oh, I better be healthy and go with the wheat.” Okay. It’s honey wheat dough, which means it made with honey. Honey is pure, “natural” sugar. In addition, they are given a honey bear to douse it with even more sugar.



Don’t get me wrong; this pizza is where da bomb (yeah, I said it). I eat it, but I don’t pretend to that it is healthy. I’m sorry, but if you are going out to eat at a sports bar, healthy is not your intention. Don’t expect us to have a gluten free menu or Weight Watchers points listed along side the sandwiches. So don’t ask.

However, splurging every once in a while is important. Go ahead and have some honey wheat dough on your margarita pizza. Life is about living… honey ;-)

1 comment:

  1. I just laugh when people say "I better be healthy n stick with the white" duh morons! :) good blog

    ReplyDelete