Saturday, July 16, 2011

You Can Call Me Autumn


Whenever I go shopping, I am immediately attracted to dark colors. My closet seems to be full of gray, black, and charcoal. If I feel crazy, I move towards blue and periwinkle. My mom praises me if she sees my in salmon or magenta. Truth be told, those colors belong only on my nails.

I will never wear red. So don’t even bother. I’m not a red head, so you won’t see me in hunter green. Sage is one thing, but jungle green should stay in a Crayola box.

This led me to do a little bit of research. And by research, I mean online quizzes. What colors should I really be wearing?



Turns out I’m an autumn. I’m “fiery, earthy, golden, and natural.” Next time I hit the mall I am supposed to “think of a beautiful autumn landscape.” Hmmm. Not sure how that’s going to go over.

I guess all along I thought I was a winter. Apparently they are more “intense and crisp.” They “receive compliments in bold shades, black and white.” Doesn’t that just sound much more exciting than “earthy” and “golden”??

Or how about summer. They are “delicate and understated.” That’s pretty appealing too. Who wouldn’t want to look “calm and in complete harmony”?

Lastly, spring is supposed to select colors that “look as if they are bathed in sunlight.” Oh, how I love that description.

Next time you find yourself in the mall, shop by seasons. I will be dreaming of an autumn landscape (and probably purchasing a new charcoal top). 

No comments:

Post a Comment