Friday, October 7, 2011

Artsy Fartsy

This weekend I’m going on a little daycation with my parents and my sister. We are traveling to northeast Iowa (near where I was last weekend) for an art festival. I’m looking forward to spending time with my family and enjoying the beautiful Indian summer that this October has brought us. There’s nothing better than the warmth of summer mixed with the gorgeous touches of fall.

The arts festival is a collaboration of work from artists from the area. I’m hoping to see some great paintings, interesting pottery, and unique jewelry. It will be especially fun to share this with my sister, who is incredibly artsy fartsy. Maybe she will even get inspired to make me something for my birthday (wishful thinking, I’m sure).

I’ve always envied her artist touch. She has an incredible eye that sees things beyond the norm. What an awesome gift, which she shares with my aunt and cousin. Lucky and talented ladies!

As for me, I like my artsy with a little more farsty...

No comments:

Post a Comment