Tuesday, October 25, 2011

What I Would Never Be


Let’s set up a little scenario. You meet someone new, and it the midst of all the small talk you learn that he or she works as an investment broker. First thoughts? Well, mine would be, “Why would you ever want to do that?”

I was watching my beloved “Sex and the City” the other evening. As Carrie glided across the streets of New York, she graciously ran into a dog walker. A dog walker. This got me thinking, “Why would anyone want to do that?” Walk around with twelve dogs. I suppose you would have to pet them too.

It brought me back to a time when I had to volunteer at the humane society. My hands stayed in my pockets the entire time. I was not about to pick up a three legged dog. And there was no way that I was going to hang out in a room full of cats. Eww. This still gives me goosebumps. Yuck-o.

So, what would I never be? A dog walker… or a volunteer at the humane society. 

No comments:

Post a Comment