Sunday, October 16, 2011

Lessons from Range Rover

Sometimes the quickest comment, a few little words can leave a lasting impression. This morning, I stopped on my way home to "gas up" and grab a water bottle for the road. As I swiped my debit card and headed out the door, I thanked the lady behind the counter at the Range Rover gas station. Her response caught me off guard. "You're welcome, we appreciate you."

I couldn't stop smiling as I slid into my car. It feels nice to be appreciated, especially when it is so unexpected. Even the small things in life are important to someone. How many times have I stopped at a gas station for a snack? How many times have I shopped at Target? How many coffees have I bought at Starbucks (I'd rather never know)? All of these things are appreciated by someone.

I am so happy that this lady shared her appreciation with me. Now I can say that this morning I pumped gas and received a life lesson from Range Rover.

No comments:

Post a Comment