Sunday, October 2, 2011

To Grandmother's House We Go

One of the biggest parts of vacationing, or even just getting away for the weekend, is lodging. I've stayed in many different hotels, motels, condominiums, and even tents. All of which have perks and downfalls. Here's how I would rate my preferences:

Motel: This word reminds me of where I stayed with my friend, Ashley, in Chicago. In other words: dicey. I was hoping for a quadruple lock on that door. That place had the comfiest beds, but it was hard to enjoy them after nearly crying as we got lost in the "bad part of town."

Hotel: The last hotel I stayed at was a "Level 4" at the Marriott. I have no clue what that means, except that we got to stay on the 30th floor and had access to a special breakfast in the morning. The views of the city were awesome, and it had two floors. Needless to say, I wasn't about to complain.

Condominium: Our condo in Winterpark, CO was awesome. Complete with a fireplace and spectacular views, it was hard not to relax and read a book by the hot tub outside that held over 20 people. It was so much fun that our family went back time and time again. Great memories.

Tent: Not my favorite, but I can appreciate the experiences. There is something to be said about sitting around a campfire and sliding into a warm sleeping bag as your buns freeze off. And who doesn't like to use community showers with flip flops on?

This weekend I am able to add one more to the list: Bed and Breakfast. Northeast Iowa is full of 'em. Apparently they have traded in the Clarion Inn for a more interesting Jailhouse B&B. I feel like I'm staying at my grandparents house. I am being catered to clean bedding and yummy blueberry pancakes. The hills and bluffs are unlike the land in central Iowa. We truly came over the river and through the woods, all the way to Grandmother's house.

No comments:

Post a Comment