Saturday, October 1, 2011

Frosty McFrost-Frost

Today marks the start of a beautiful month: October. A month where leaves begin falling, harvest is in full swing, goblins come out to play, and it's almost time for this gal's birthday. That's right. Today I will begin celebrating turning another year older, and end my celebration when moms take down Halloween decor and replace it with Thanksgiving gobbles. There's always a reason to celebrate, right?

This morning I woke up, laced up my Mizunos and head out the door to check out a trail near the river I'm staying at this weekend. Little did I know that it was only 33 degrees. Brrr! I was pretty comfortable at first, assuming I brought long sleeves and my Nike running pants. But I would be lying if I said I could feel my legs after being out there for 30 minutes. "I can't feel my legs. I have no legs!!!" - Can't Hardly Wait (classic movie)

It's hard to know if I got my sweat on when it's this cold out. This morning's chill just reminds me of what's to come. Cold nights, chilly mornings, "good sleeping weather." I love this time of year, even if today I almost turned into Frosty McFrost-Frost.

No comments:

Post a Comment