Monday, October 3, 2011

My Body Told Me "No"

It's bound to happen. You keep going, and going, and going (energizer bunny style) until you are completely worn out. This is what I am attributing to how I started feeling yesterday. My body became weak and tired. My stomach and head were not right, and that was all topped off with a running fever. Fun little Sunday, huh?

I've decided to let my body rest today. In other words, I don't plan on moving too far from my bed. Unexciting, but necessary.

I remember as a kid staying home sick. I would lay around and sleep on and off in my parents' bed. My 'sick food' choice: cinnamon toast. It was easy and always hit the spot.

I also remember dreading all of the make-up work. Most of the time I would push myself to just go to school, but there are times when you have to listen to your body. And, in my case today, my body told me "no."

No comments:

Post a Comment