Saturday, October 8, 2011

Chatty Kathy

After a seemingly long week, I found myself quite crabby after school. I threw on some lounge clothes and turned on the TV. My mom called, and I simply told her that I was crabby. End of conversation. This is very good for me, because usually my Mom catches the short end of the stick when it comes to my bad moods. 

I found myself laying in bed, contemplating how I wanted to spend my night. I had quite a few options and wasn't sold on any of them. Then, my phone rang. It was my best friend Katherine. She was in a "mood" too, but it didn't take long for us to be swapping school stories and discussing weekend plans. We laughed, gossiped, and listened to one another. Even though we talk about every other day, these talks are usually more to "check in." Yesterday, we were able to spend a solid 30 minutes of pure conversation.


I love to text, tweet, email, etc., but my favorite mood of conversation will forever be the phone. Growing up I had the game "Dream Phone," where you call all the boys to figure out who likes you. I can still hear the words, "Yooou're right! I really like you." What a classic game. My favorite part was the giant pink phone we used to call all of the cute boys (I was a fan of Steve - 555-9999). Even then, Katherine and I were chatting. She really is my favorite chatty Kathy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment